Partnering across the Sanitation Value Chain
Today, we kick off a series about how Sanergy works closely with partners from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Reinvent the Toilet Challenge. Across the entire sanitation value chain, we have developed great partnerships with RTTC partners:
- Triggering demand for hygienic sanitation in schools with WASH United
- Improving toilet designs with Eawag
- Developing habit creation for toilet usage with J-PAL
- Undertaking extensive R&D field trials after our successful prototyping with Climate Foundation to produce biochar
- Undertaking extensive R&D field trials with Agriprotein to produce animal feed
We will feature some of these partnerships over the coming weeks as we build up to the Gates Foundation’s Reinvent the Toilet Fair: India later this month. You can follow all of the happenings at the fair at the Twitter hashtag: #Toilets4All.
First up on our blog, Mark O’Keefe, a social scientist at Eawag, shares his experiences from testing the second version of Eawag’s Blue Diversion toilet in Mukuru. Click here to read the whole post!